Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Cups chopped white onion
- 7 Large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tsp minced ginger
- 2 Cups vegetable stock of chicken stock
- 2 Cups water
- 2 strips of orange zest
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Pumpkin Seeds for garnish
- Sauté onions and carrots: Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat and cook the onions and carrots until the soften, about 6 minutes, be sure not to let either brown. Add a pinch of salt and pepper over the onions and carrots as they sauté.
- Add stock, water, ginger and orange zest. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for around 20 minutes until the carrots soften.
- Remove the strips of orange zest. The soup may be too bitter tasting with the strips left in it.
- Puree soup. Puree the soup with a stick blender until completely smooth. If it is too much, puree the soup in small batches.
- Garnish. Add chives and pumpkin seeds as wanted