Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion and sautée until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sautée.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable stock on the vegetables and simmer on medium heat until the cauliflower is soft (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth texture.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more stock for smoother, thinner consistency.
- For optional garnishes, top with olive oil, fresh ground pepper, oregano or roasted chickpeas.